ROASTED GARLIC GOAT CHEESE STUFFED TOMATOES
Preheat the oven broiler.
Slice the tops off of the tomatoes and hollow out by removing the seeds. In a bowl, mix the goat cheese and chopped red peppers together.
In a bowl, mix the goat cheese and chopped red peppers together. Spoon an equal amount of the cheese mixture into each hollowed out tomato. Place stuffed tomatoes upright in a baking dish. Top each tomato evenly with the bread crumbs and torn basil. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Place under broiler for 5 to 10 minutes until bread crumbs are lightly browned.
Watch the video here!
- 4 large fresh tomatoes
- 4 ounces Lone Star Roasted Garlic and Cilantro goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped bottled roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon torn fresh basil leaves
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste